Our Property Management services offer:
- Hundreds of happy clients
- Qualified and experienced Property Managers
- Hundreds of properties managed through South Taranaki
As an First National Collective Taranaki client, you enjoy our service guarantee.
Through our experience we have developed sound, well-documented processes and systems to ensure your property is managed effectively - keeping you and your tenants happy.
Finding quality tenants isn't easy. There are a range of checks that have to be carried out, and even then it's easy to be fooled. Our processes screen out unsuitable tenants and leave us with a list of candidates you can feel confident about.
Tenants are busy people too. They expect to be able to view a home when it suits them. They want as much information as possible before they view. They want to know they're dealing with professional people of integrity. By choosing First National Collective Taranaki , you set a great impression right from the start and attract the best tenants.
Enjoy chasing late rent payments? Of course not. We have an excellent arrears policy and have robust systems for chasing them up.
Sadly, mediation and dispute tribunal hearings come with the territory in investment property. Having a Property Manager means we attend these meetings for you if the need arises.
Ever had a property sit vacant for weeks despite your best efforts? Is it because the rent's too high, the advertising's in the wrong publication, the location's unappealing, or the wallpaper's out of date? In depth market knowledge can help you answer those questions and ensure your property enjoys maximum occupany at the best possible rent.
Property's a major investment and must be properly maintained. We provide regular inspection reports and give you access to tradespeople at competitive rates. Optional services include house cleaning, lawn care, general repairs, gardening, gutter clearance and so on. Of course you can do your own maintenance too if you want.
Things you should know:
- Payment of rent from the previous month is paid to you on the last working day of the month
- Under the Residential Tenancies Act, tenants can be evicted if their rent payments are 21 days or more in arrears. However, to evict a tenant we need to apply to the Tenancy Tribunal for an order. This can sometimes take a further 3-4 weeks so in the interim a mediation is an option.
- Under the Residential Tenancies Act, gardens and lawns are to be kept in a "reasonable condition" by the tenants. Pruning trees and hedges, spraying and vine removal are the landlords responsibility. We encourage landlords to let First National Mills & Gibbon manage this on your behalf.
- We encourage landlords to insure chattels such as carpet, drapes, stove and other whiteware available for a tenant's use. Remember to tell the insurance company that the property is tenanted. Some policies are designed specifically to cover landlords for malicious damage by tenants. Ask your Property Manager for more information.
- Rent increases are governed by the current rental market. We can provide you with advice on current market rates. We review your rental return regularly and adjusts accordingly.